We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our Credential Platform Team. This team is responsible for the Okta core identity platform upon which developers can manage credential enrollment and life cycles as well as customer identity focused factors.
This is an opportunity to join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, automated testing and iterative process to build high quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with an agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and refine requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components and APIs
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years of software development experience in an object-oriented language
- Experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software at enterprise scale
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Experience working with a system of scale
Nice to haves:
- Experience in identity management, standard authentication protocols and/or multi-factor authentication
- Experience building PAAS infrastructure and/or
- Experience with Java, Spring and Hibernate and/or
- Experience with high performance MySQL environments
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work