Okta is an enterprise grade identity management platform, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta, organizations can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps organizations become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta platform provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
We are looking for an experienced back end software engineer to work on our customer identity platform. You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. You will get an opportunity to solve the most challenging problems of a global cloud service, with stringent performance, reliability and scalability requirements.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Why join this team?:
- Growth: Customer identity is a fast growing segment, you will be in the driver seat to help grow this team, and you have the opportunity to wear many hats.
- Scale: Few companies face the same scaling challenges as us due to our large customer base. Learn how to design and operate cloud services that are horizontal scalable.
- New challenge: There are many challenging problems to solve, from fraud prevention to services optimization.
- Best development methodology: We embrace the latest development methodology (code review, CI/CD, incremental roll out). Come learn how modern large scale enterprise software is developed.
- Cloud first: We embrace Cloud throughout our stack, come learn AWS, Azure, GCP and many other Cloud technologies as part of your day job.
- Impact: Millions of customers depend on us as much as they depend on Internet. Join us to build a passwordless future to delight our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of engineers to design, develop and deliver highly scalable software used daily by millions of users
- Drive evaluation, development, and roll-out of new services and applications
- Help with design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests.
- Collaborate with architects, QA, product owners, security and operations engineers
- Help with mentoring new engineering hires and interns
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years of software development experience with strongly typed language - Java, C#, or C++
- Customer identity experience
- 3+ years developing public facing, RESTful APIs
- 3 years experience leading a team of software engineers
Nice to Haves:
- Experience configuring and running infrastructure in a cloud provider - AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle
- SaaS development experience
- Experience using OSS cryptography libraries to protect customer data
- MySQL and NoSQL experience
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.