As a member of the Developer Enablement team, you will be focused on solving challenging problems around development environment frameworks, scalability and stability so that all engineers at Okta are enabled to deliver products at high velocity and scale without compromising quality, and coding standards. With central focus on developer productivity, the team is chartered to understand software development pain points, provide solutions for those, set guidelines for code organization and development, and ensure that development environments in general are kept performant and stable as we continue to add more features and functionalities to our product portfolio. In this team you will have the opportunity to define and mold the future of development infrastructure at Okta.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop innovative automated solutions that enable developers to stay productive as they continue to add product features and functionalities
- Understand, analyze usage of and drive improvements to the development environments
- Build tools that measure operational performance of local development environments
- Enable automation for quick and efficient configuration of development environments
- Help developers with resolving any issues they may have with their development environments. We run a helpdesk to assist developers; we get kudos for making their lives better!
- Provide guidelines to enable best practices for code organization and development
- Profile and tune performance of development environments (IDE and build tools), including making changes to the codebase itself
- Collaborate with developers, architects and release engineering to keep the code and overall development process efficient
- Stay abreast of industry trends for developer efficiency and cross-pollinate those ideas and processes with Okta's development processes
- 6+ years of industry experience developing Internet scale software in Java
- Proven track record of developing and supporting software development infrastructure
- 3+ year of experience of developing, debugging, profiling and performance tuning in Java, Spring and Tomcat
- 2+ years experience in solving performance issues in development environments. Superior knowledge of various code profiling tools and techniques
- Thoroughly familiar with tuning of advanced IDEs like IntelliJ (prefered) or Eclipse.
- Well versed with build tools like Maven (preferred), Gradle, Bazel etc. -- configuring, profiling, and fine tuning those for superior performance
- Knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes/ECS), experience with public cloud (AWS), and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.