Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built-in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, identity management systems, and device client application software.
We are looking for an experienced and highly technical software engineer to join the Device Platform team. The team is responsible for building the Okta Device Platform and creating a customizable platform that allows Okta’s customers to confidently deploy authentication to managed and unmanaged devices across all major mobile and desktop operating systems. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and lead the technical path of the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud, with deep device-side integrations.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. Identity is deeply important and providing a platform for customers to secure their applications is one of your passions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, review and troubleshoot highly scalable software
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 7+ years of backend software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience working in Security, Cryptography, or Authn & Authz
- Experience with Java
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices
- Experience in TDD
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
- Mobile or Desktop application software development experience
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.