Device Trust enables Okta users to make access decisions based on the security of the device the user is using to access cloud services. Devices with up to date software, a compliant passcode policy, and hardware key storage and encryption can be granted a more convenient authentication policy saving users time. As part of this team you will prototype solutions, research specifications, and propose standards for device security posture at Okta.
Leveraging device security posture in access management is critical element in our zero-trust strategy. This has a startup feel with many big decisions still to be made. We are looking for engineers who feel passionate about rolling out new features to market. And enjoy solving complex problems related to security.
An ideal person in this role is someone who has shipped enterprise/consumer software on macOS platform. And is interested in learning and contributing features to Okta’s high-scale, highly-reliable SaaS Cloud platform.
Code will involve both client-side and server-side components.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership of feature development working closely with Product Management.
- Create technical designs and proposals
- Create POCs & Prototypes when required.
- Work closely with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Implement unit and functional tests.
- Perform code-reviews.
- Innovate and solve challenging problems.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong development skills on the macOS platform including both desktop & web applications.
- Experience designing and shipping large-scale enterprise software on macOS preferably with a security focus.
- Expertise in native code (Objective C, Swift, C) and associated development tools on macOS. Solid understanding of credential providers, macOS Security models.
- Hands-on coding skills and comfortable writing agent-based software as well as web-services.
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, Web-Auth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.) is desirable.
- Familiarity with authentication protocols in the macOS enterprise system is a plus (e.g. enterprise connect).
- Good understanding of design-patterns and object-oriented design.
- PKI and related stacks: X.509, TLS, SSH
- Experience working in Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
Other Desired Skills
- Writing Go, including using unsafe and cgo and interacting with native code is a big plus
- Java web development experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of Windows, C# is desirable
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of software development experience. At least 2 years’ experience architecting & design enterprise software on macOS.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work