Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
About Okta Devices
Passwordless is the future of identity and authentication. That’s why we, at Okta, have made it our goal to redefine how users authenticate to services. Our mission is to provide frictionless and secure access to all the resources that our users need on a daily basis.
We are the Okta Devices organization and we are responsible for architecting and building web services as well as client software to implement our mission. One of our main products is FastPass, which is revolutionizing how users authenticate on the web.
Check out https://www.okta.com/fastpass/
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person, or device. Whether the people are employees, partners, or customers, or the applications are in the cloud, on premises, or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Okta is seeking a Fullstack Software Engineer to join its Devices Platform Engineering group. This is an opportunity to build a Zero Friction Passwordless Identity layer at a massive scale. Ideal candidates have a passion for conceiving and building secure, scalable, and available Identity platform services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement high performance, scalable software components
- Collaborate with engineering teams, QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, and TechOps team
- Ensure high programming standards by writing tests
- Conduct and participate code reviews, analysis and debugging
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- 1+ years experience building Java based web applications
- Excellent grasp of computer science fundamentals and object-oriented principles.
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures, Big-O complexity analysis, design patterns, code quality, testing..
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across functions and time zones
- Desire to learn and adopt new technologies
Desirable Knowledge, Skills
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (FIDO, U2F, WebAuthn, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Familiarity with encryption, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience working with Mobile Apps
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.