This is an incredible opportunity to help Okta build the next generation of contextual access management. As companies move toward the cloud and workforces move toward untethered mobile devices, traditional access models around network boundaries will no longer work. Okta is the leader in identity and access management. In our team, we are building the new generation of contextual access policies where we provide access to users based on identity and device context of the user. Taking advantage of our deep identity, Single sign-on (SSO) and adaptive multi-factor authentication, we are in a unique position to build additional device context for modern enterprise where users seamlessly and yet securely accesses the cloud resources.
The space offers a unique opportunity where several technology and design choices are yet to be made. An ideal person in this position will lay down the ground-work leveraging his/her rich end-point security experience and apply it to enhance access management for customers. We are looking for a hands-on architect with deep expertise on the Windows platform. He/She has ideally shipped enterprise software on the Windows platform preferably involving identity or end-point security. This is a technical leadership position, you will be involved in all aspects of product development lifecycle – requirements discussion/analysis, design, scope estimation, planning, implementation, code reviews and unit testing, documentation, POCs, deployment and continuous engineering.
Join us to build the future.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, define, and articulate the Windows end-point technical vision & strategy effectively to all stakeholders.
- Be a resident subject-matter-expert on end-point system software development on Windows.
- Design and develop desktop applications/services on Windows platform.
- Design and develop Web Services using .Net framework.
- Create and review technical designs and proposals.
- Create an innovation pipe-line and serve as a role-model for others.
- Work in collaboration with product management for analysis, estimation & scoping of the technology roadmap.
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong development skills on the Windows platform including both desktop & web applications.
- Experience designing and shipping large-scale enterprise software on Windows preferably with a security focus.
- Good understanding of Windows Internals more specifically related to authentication, identity management, active directory and IIS integration etc.
- Hands-on in C++, C# and/or Java. Loves to write and review code. Is comfortable writing agent-based software as well as web-services.
- Understanding of ADFS/ADCS, Azure Active Directory, O365 and Synchronization of identities between On-Premise and Cloud Directories is a plus
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.) is desirable.
- Familiarity with Windows Hello and authentication protocols in the Windows enterprise system is a plus.
- Good understanding of design-patterns and object-oriented design.
- Experience working in Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Java web development experience a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of software development experience. At least 2 years’ experience architecting & design enterprise software on Windows.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work