Come join our Extensibility team as a Senior Software Engineer!
As you know Toronto is an innovation hub with incredible engineering talent. Okta is committed to investing in and growing such talent as we continue to partner with the most forward-thinking organizations in Canada
Opening a Toronto office has enabled us to draw stronger ties to our growing Canadian customer base, including companies like Benevity, Canadian Energy, FreshBooks, Shopify and Teknion!
Our Extensibility team is responsible for designing and building a large-scale extensibility platform allowing Okta to integrate with various other services through callbacks, webhooks and other similar technologies. This will allow customers the flexibility to link or enhance their business processes with Okta’s identity management product. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and has an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible with a weekly agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with senior engineering team in major development projects, design and implementation
- Be a key contributor in implementation of a framework for extensibility
- Conduct code reviews, analysis, and performance tuning
- Have an opinion during design and code reviews
- Implement unit and functional tests
- Interface with Architects, QA, Product Owners, Engineering Services, Tech Ops
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years software development experience in an object-oriented language
- Experience building fast, reliable applications at an enterprise scale
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Deep understanding of infrastructure level technologies: caching, stream processing, resilient architectures
- Experience working with relational databases, ideally MySQL
- Expertise in Java
- Experience with Apache Storm
- Experience designing and building extensibility features such as webhooks and serverless extensibility
- Experience leveraging cloud computing services such as AWS (Lamda, Kinesis, EC2)
- Knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication, and authorization a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work