This role is for you if you like being at the center of the action, if you like to be responsible for some of the most substantial changes to the core Auth0 product that you can be.
IAM Core is the Engineering Domain that takes care of the core of the Auth0 product: the authentication pipeline, the protocols, the sessions, anomaly detection and customer security detection and response mechanisms.
The Core Protocols team is responsible for managing, maintaining, and expanding all authentication related interfaces for Auth0, and we’re looking to grow the team to deliver on some high impact features in the near future. The Core Protocols team will expand our existing offering to make them even more secure through implementing additional support for financial grade APIs. If you’ve signed in on a TV using your smartphone, logged into some of the biggest brands' websites or apps, you’ve likely worked with Auth0. This team will be responsible for some of the most significant expansion in our authentication offerings ever.
If you like taking hard problems at scale and making them simpler, we can’t wait to talk to you.
You're a good fit for this role if:
- You have 3+ years of software development experience
- You have experience creating and maintaining public APIs
- You are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members
- You have experience with cloud environments (AWS and Azure preferred)
- You are interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- You have practical experience developing and improving applications written in Node.js, Golang, or another concurrency friendly language
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with Cloud environments from several vendors
- Have experience with financial grade APIs, Financial Data Exchange or Open Banking
- You understand the Devops culture and like moving between infrastructure and code
- Knowledge of security engineering and application security
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender
identity, or sexual orientation. When submitting your application above, you are being given the
opportunity to provide information about your race/ethnicity, gender, and veteran status. This information
helps us support or diversity, inclusion, and belonging efforts, as well as maintain fair and equitable
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be
considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and
maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by
making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment
Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach
and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories
is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service
who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to
compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged
or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of
such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S.
military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign
badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S.
military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an
Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
Okta complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional
information about the federal requirements, click here.
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Page 1 of 1
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to
qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7%
of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if
they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we
ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years.
Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we hope that you will choose to
do so. Your answer will be maintained confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone else
involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form will not negatively impact you in any way,
regardless of whether you have self-identified in the past. For more information about this form or the
equal employment obligations of federal contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the
U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp.
How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition
that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment
or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn's Disease, or irritable bowel syndrome
- Intellectual disability
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example, migraine headaches, Parkinson’s disease, or Multiple sclerosis
- Psychiatric condition, for example, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to
respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This
survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.