Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Identity Experience team. The team is responsible for building the Okta Identity Engine and creating a customizable platform that allows Okta’s customers to configure and brand our out-of-the-box product and make it their own. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of backend software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Experience with Java or C#
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience with or understanding REST (or designing API’s)
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: authentication and authorization, OAuth, OpenID connect, SAML
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work