This role is for you if you like being at the center of the action, it’s for you if you like to help people to grow and if you like solving non-trivial problems, transforming them into smaller easier problems.
IAM Core is the Engineering Domain that takes care of the core of the Auth0 application: the authentication pipeline, the protocols, the sessions, anomaly detection and customer security detection and response mechanisms.
The Core Pipeline team is explicitly in charge of the Auth0 Authentication and Authorization Pipeline, and we are going to hire and expand it to work on some of the most exciting and challenging architectural and product endeavors in the company, all aimed towards helping Auth0 to scale further.
If you like taking hard problems at scale and making them simpler, we can’t wait to talk to you.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Learn about identity and security and how Auth0 and Okta enables companies around the world to securely innovate.
- Focus on improving and rebuilding core capabilities of our platform, preparing for a next level of scale, resilience and autonomy.
- Help improve our development experience by working on new and existing foundational pieces for our product and teams.
- Work with and be exposed to many of the latest cloud technologies and best practices.
- Join a highly collaborative environment where you will be learning from and teaching other amazing engineers.
You're a good fit for this role if:
- You have 3+ years of software development experience.
- You have experience creating and maintaining public APIs.
- You are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You love to deep dive into complex systems that are relied on by thousands of other applications and support millions of users.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members.
- You are interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have practical experience developing and improving public facing web applications and APIs in modern programming languages.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with Cloud environments and running production services on them.
- Knowledge of security engineering and application security.
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.