Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe,Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com
Okta is seeking an experienced Software Engineer in Test for our Sync team. As part of product quality engineering, we need to ensure product releases are done with highest quality and reliability. Automation at every level is key for faster, robust and secure releases. The ideal candidate has good experience in Java based automation development, worked on scaling environments and has shown a passion to learn.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Automate API tests, End-to-End tests, reliability/scale tests
- Review requirements and design specs to develop relative test plans and test cases
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Clearly communicate and document QE plans for scrum teams to review and comment
- Automate all critical features to maintain zero-debt cadence
- Release features with solid quality to customers
- Respond to Production issues/alerts and customer issues during on-call rotation
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of quality engineering with knowledge and hands-on test automation experience
- 3+ years experience with Selenium and/or API testing (preferably in Java) /Jmeter
- Experience working with CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with development of high-quality automation and software tests
- Ability to test software with minimum supervision and guidance
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and provide input
Education and Training:
B.S. Computer Science or related field with 3 years experience
(or) M.S Computer Science or related field with 2 years of experience
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.