We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to work on our Advanced Server Access team. This team is responsible for Okta’s secure server access product with a software stack of mostly Go, combined with AWS, Postgres, Kafka, Cassandra and more. This is an exciting area for Okta that enables intelligent security between desktop client and server agent software.
For QA, we need to ensure that these products are robust and secure, leveraging traditional integration test automation plus driving synthetic traffic to ensure ongoing service reliability. This is an opportunity to test highly secure, cross-platform applications and build skills in Identity and security.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop test plans and automation for high-performance, scalable software components and APIs
- Validate authentication related fixes
- Automated test development, design and code reviews
- Review and refine requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of software test experience for highly-reliable, mission- critical software
- Experience working with a large-scale system
- Excellent understanding of software engineering, test methodologies and automation tools
- Able to write and review designs and code with colleagues of different skills and seniority
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to deliver well-designed, high-quality test code on time
Nice to have:
- Experience in standard authentication and authorization protocols such as SAML, OAuth and OpenID, plus ssh
- Experience building and testing cross-platform client software
- Experience with Go, Java, Spring and Hibernate
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.