Title of Job: Software Engineer in Test Intern
Role Location: San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA, Bellevue, WA
Position Description: We are looking for University students in undergraduate or graduate programs who are enthusiastic about a 2022 summer internship as a software engineer in test. We are passionate about building software to achieve our quality goals at scale in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering or business technology team that strongly believes in automated testing, UX design and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation software.
Our team is honest, innovative and flexible; with a regular release cycle and high standards, we expect great things from all of our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
We are looking for enthusiastic and collaborative software engineering interns to join the following teams:
- Quality Engineering
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate together with the developers, business systems analysts and documentation writers in weekly, agile based team activities like sprint and project planning
- Work closely with a senior member of the team to develop test software to execute automated test cases
- Validate and monitor production and preproduction systems while changes by the Core Identity or Identity Ecosystem teams are being deployed or delivered
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1yr experience as a software engineer or test engineer (including prior internships)
- Interest in software development and testing that supports building high quality, reliable, mission-critical software
- Technical knowledge in some of the following:
- REST/SOAP APIs
- Security Concepts
- SQL databases
- Business systems like SFDC, Workday
- Quick study; able to learn and apply new concepts in a short period
- Nice to have: Integration experience, previous experience with Selenium or other tools
Education and Training: (In progress) Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or Management Information Systems
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.