Through a recent acquisition in 2021, Auth0 is now an independent product unit within Okta and together, we use identity to transform customer and workforce experiences. Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in.
Role Location: Remote
Position Description: We are looking for University students pursuing a Computer Science or related degree who are interested in a 12-week Summer 2022 Internship and that are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution.
You will join one of our Engineer Domains: Identity and Access Management (IAM), Developer Experience, Platform, or Quality.
We Offer: High priority projects, great mentors, and Lunch-n-Learns with Okta and Auth0 leaders.
As an intern on the Auth0 Engineering team, you will be embedded in one of our core teams and will have opportunities to learn about the broader organization and what it means to be the engine behind a unicorn tech company. You will have the ability to be a part of supercharging our next phase of growth. You will gain meaningful experience working directly with global team members to address real-world challenges and create innovative value for our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement high-performance, scalable, reusable and maintainable software that will see real-world action
- Work with engineering teams to define project scope and understand our planning process
- Participate in test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Contribute iterative improvements to our systems
- Collaborate across Engineering, Product Management, Security and Design teams to solve technical and non-technical challenges
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interest in software development experience, and testing that supports building highly reliable, mission-critical software
- Ability to program in at least one OO programming language (e.g. Java, C++ and/or Python)
- Familiarity with Node.js applications
- Understanding of concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs
- Able to apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real world problems
- Past summer internship experience, ideally in enterprise software companies
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment.
Education and Training: (In progress) BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.