Curious what a day in the life of a Software Engineer Intern at Okta is like? Come join former software engineer interns, their mentors and managers to get a full understanding of what our internship program is all about and the impact you can have as an intern at Okta!
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Software Engineering Intern Job Description
Role Location: San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA, Bellevue, WA, Toronto, ON Canada (virtual and in-person options available)
Position Description: We are looking for University students pursuing a Computer Science or related degree who are interested in a 2022 Summer Internship and that are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution. Our interns will join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing, UX design and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
We offer: High priority projects, great mentors, hackathons and Lunch-n-Learns with Okta leaders. Interns will have a choice of virtual or in-person internships.
We have opportunities across a wide range of areas within our organization.
Our team is innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from all of our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever. We have offices in San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA and Bellevue, WA in the United States and Toronto, ON in Canada.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze/Refine requirements with Product Owner and Tech Lead
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design and implement high-performance, scalable, reusable and maintainable software that will see real-world action
- Participate in test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Interface with TechOps, Documentation, and Design teams
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interest in software development experience, and testing that supports building highly reliable, mission-critical software.
- Knowledge of web application frameworks, RDBMS & application servers (experience in one or more preferred)
- Reasonable understanding of network security, encryption, authentication and authorization
- Academic experience in data structures and algorithms
- Ability to apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real world problems.
- Experience with Selenium, JQuery
- Past summer internship experience, ideally in enterprise software companies
Education and Training: (In progress) BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.