Okta is the leading provider of identity and access management for enterprises. Every day, Okta enables millions of users to securely and seamlessly access their work resources to be productive. Devices are an important part of Okta's mission to provide secure and seamless access to our customers. By bringing device security and compliance into access decisions, we limit access to known endpoints that meet our customers' security and compliance requirements. We can limit access to devices with up-to-date software, compliant policies, and encryption to improve security. Similarly, we enhance the user experience by leveraging the platform's native capabilities enabling seamless access to corporate resources.
The team is seeking a highly technical and experienced engineer to build iOS application software that fulfills this vision. The ideal candidate should have a passion for working on the iOS platform and helping Okta build the next generation of secure and seamless access to cloud resources. The role has a lot of impact and visibility within Okta and has a lot of growth potential.
- Join the iOS Platform team to design and implement Okta’s mobility line of products, Okta Mobile and Okta Verify mobile apps and public SDKs.
- Taking advantage of our deep identity and provisioning domain expertise, we are in a unique position to build an integrated mobile solution that incorporates seamlessly the user experience of single sign-on, passwordless authentication, device security, and compliance.
- The team is seeking to add a highly technical and experienced engineer. Ideal candidates have a passion for working on mobile platforms, with deep expertise and extensive experience on the iOS platform.
- They have successfully built an enterprise or consumer product on the iOS platform.
- They are comfortable leading the technical path of an organization breaking ground in a new frontier.
- This is a position with high visibility and impact within Okta.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Engineering for prototyping iOS client components
- Design and develop components for iOS apps and SDKs
- Build UI, internal frameworks/SDK, and unit and functional tests
- Create and review technical designs and proposals
- Participate in code review and other standard team processes
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX
- Experience working in an Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
- Strong application development skills on the iOS platform
- Strong Objective-C or Swift language skills and knowledge
- Experience with Xcode and other iOS-specific development tools
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Experience in building iOS application software to interact with RESTful backend services
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, Kerberos, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Security or Systems development experience on iOS, such as Keychain services, Certificate, Key and Trust services, Device Administrator experience, Root detection, code signing, or tamper resistance experience
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management
- Experience working on public-facing SDKs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing and building application software on the iOS platform
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.