We are looking for a passionate macOS/iOS software engineer to join our Okta Verify/Fastpass team. The ideal candidate should have solid experience in macOS or iOS software development and be enthusiastic about writing macOS and iOS client software. The role gives the candidate an excellent opportunity to learn about interesting problems in security and identity space. It also has a lot of visibility within Okta and has great growth potential.
Okta is the leading provider of identity and access management for enterprises. Every day, Okta enables millions of users to securely and seamlessly access their work resources to be productive. Using the device's information and context is an important part of Okta's strategy to improve security and enhance the experience of the users. We build client software that deeply integrates with platform capabilities and third-party security vendors to guarantee secure access. We also use platform capabilities to delight the users to access the resources that they need without requiring them to enter their passwords. Our team is a fast-growing and impactful team in Okta. Come join our team and develop products that help our customers every day.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop applications and services on macOS devices
- Building UI component on macOS client
- Implement unit/functional tests
- Review software design and peer's code
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, and UX
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Engineering for prototyping Mac client components
- Create and review technical designs and proposals
- Strong development and debugging skills on macOS (or iOS) are required
- Hands-on experience in writing Swift, Objective-C code, and UX development(Appkit/SwiftUI) is required
- Experience working in an agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices is required
- Experience with CI/CD environment, bug reporting tools, and crash reporting systems for Mac (or iOS) applications is required
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Mac internals, Understanding of apple system extensions, keychain, and app permission models are desirable
- Understanding Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.) is desirable
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2+ years of software development experience building software on macOS or iOS platforms.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
From a competitive salary and employee stock purchasing plan to professional development resources and flexible PTO, Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/can