Okta is looking for an experienced Full-Stack Developer who is passionate about building a world class customer centric experience in a fast-paced agile environment.
The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride ensuring that developers who are interested in using Okta Integration Network APIs will be met with clear and easy to understand documentation and instructions. You will join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. Developer Experience is critical to Okta's strategy. This is a high-impact role in a fast-paced organization that is poised for massive growth and success.
Our disciplined team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibility
- Get hands on with our existing developer APIs, process, tools and documentation then partner with our product management and Documentation teams to build a new, world class developer experience.
- Design and build software development kits and other tooling for developers using the Okta Integration Network APIs in Java
- Ability to write sample code using the SAML / SCIM protocol.
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently when given high level goals to achieve.
- Building a test harness, test-driven development, design and code reviews.
- Interface with our Operations Team, Product Management, Technical Support and Documentation Team, walkthrough of developer code.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of strong software development experience in Java and other strongly typed languages (.NET and C# is a plus).
- Experience building libraries or tools that are developer centric.
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles.
- Ideally, familiarity with SAML, OIDC, SCIM, and OAuth 2.0
Education and Training:
B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work