Okta is the leading provider of identity and access management for enterprises. Every day, Okta enables millions of users to securely and seamlessly access their work resources to be productive. Devices are important part of Okta's mission to provide secure and seamless access to our customers. By bringing device security and compliance into access decisions, we limit access to known endpoints that meet our customers' security and compliance requirements. We can limit access to devices with up-to-date software, compliant policies and encryption to improve security. Similarly, we enhance user experience by leveraging platform's native capabilities enabling seamless access to corporate resources.
The team is seeking a highly technical and experienced engineer to build Windows Client software that fulfills this vision. The ideal candidate should have a passion for working on Windows platform and helping Okta build the next generation of secure and seamless access to cloud resource. The role has a lot of impact and visibility within Okta and has a lot of growth potential.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Engineering for prototyping Windows client components
- Design and develop WPF/UWP applications and services on Windows platform
- Building UI component on Windows client
- Create and review technical designs and proposals
- Implement unit/functional tests
- Review software design and peer's code
- Experience working in Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
- Strong development skills on the Windows Desktop application including WPF and UWP applications
- Hands-on experience in writing C++, C# code
- Experience with debugging tools on Windows platform such as windbg
- Experience in building Windows client software to interact with restful backend services is desirable
- Experience with Windows interprocess communication (COM, Pipes, RPC, Windows Sockets) and potentially kernel debugging is desirable
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, Kerberos , OAuth, Federation, etc.) is desirable
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience. At least 2 years’ experience designing and building enterprise software on Windows.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.