Lead the Adaptive and Multi-factor Authentication team in building a large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in the simplistic elegance and usability of our solution and will lead an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing, UX design, and an iterative process to build high-quality next-generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible, with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects and emerging technologies. As a Software Engineering Manager of this team, you should be passionate about delivering security products and solutions and ensure the highest quality of software.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Product Owners
• Work with engineering management and other back-end teams to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
• Provide technical guidance to ensure alignment with Engineering architectural vision and best practices
• Identify/Define/Refine Engineering processes to streamline product delivery and ensure quality
• Facilitate Agile project planning and execution by running weekly and monthly sprint planning, as well as, tracking cross teams dependencies to ensure prompt delivery
• Lead, recruit, and mentor software engineers
• We have development offices in San Francisco, San Jose, and Toronto and you will likely be managing teams spread across two or more offices.
• Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and Technical Operations
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 3+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
• 5+ years of building high performing and scalable enterprise software
• Experience in RESTful API design
• Prior experience in authentication, identity, single sign-on, or security
• Familiar with Micro-service architecture development and management
• AWS/Cloud data services a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.