Tired of hacking together a login system for every new application or microservice that you need to deploy? Want to build a beautiful library that makes authentication for any Spring app super simple? Then Okta's Developer Experience team needs you!
Okta's Developer Experience team is looking for an experienced developer with a web application background, including DevOps experience, to join us as we build open-source libraries and tools for the Okta platform.
Okta is an extensible identity platform and our APIs allow developers at companies of all sizes to integrate Okta into their own applications. The Developer Experience team is responsible for sharing the love with those developers by identifying common use cases and creating tools and SDKs that make their lives easier, while helping them understand our product and the protocols that we support.
In this role you will be working on the leading edge of our Open Source Software (OSS) program and will gain invaluable experience with library design and development, as well as interacting with a community of engaged developers who use your work on a daily basis You will continue to deepen your knowledge of Go and CI/CD tools by writing libraries that other developers will use in real-world, production applications. This role provides the opportunity to design right, code right, and test right.
We are a polyglot team and while we are looking for fullstack and DevOps experience, we also value a generalist mindset and co-learning across stacks. We work closely as a team to design solutions that work across languages and environments.
Interested in the work we do? It's open source, check us out on GitHub ;)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build software development kits (SDKs), written in Go, for developers using Okta within their CI/CD workflows.
- Interact with our customers through GitHub, responding to issues and reviewing pull requests
- Participate in software design and code review for all libraries that the team creates
- Implement holistic testing strategies to assert we're delivering a good developer experience, including unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Write documentation and how-to content for the libraries that you create
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years working as a web application developer (you've written and deployed production code, and can empathize with the development process.)
- 2+ years of active involvement with CI/CD concerns, and hands-on experience with tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Go programming language, and a desire to continue growing this knowledge
- Experience with unit and end-to-end testing
- Experience working with a product-oriented, agile culture
- Experience interacting with other developers on GitHub (e.g. opening issues, contributing to issues, filing pull requests)
- Experience building libraries or tools that are used by other developers
- Experience with the Python language
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.