Okta is looking for a Sr Quality Engineer. This role operates as a technical, hands-on facilitator in the Quality Organization and is a strategic participant across inter-dependent software/tools development efforts in the Okta’s Infrastructure Teams. The ideal candidate cares deeply about efficiency in the software development process and has demonstrated experience leveraging best-of-breed tools and frameworks to deliver complete automated test suites. Test architecture for Okta’s Infrastructure and Technical Operations engineering efforts and partner with various groups to drive cross functional initiatives. We strive to make our customers successful by empathizing with end users, customers and partners. We work with them to understand their use cases, then partner with teams to build test strategies and plans to support functional and service requirements. We respond quickly to flakey and expensive tests to minimize impact to our teams that depend on them, working together on automation processes and best practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for 99.99% availability of okta infrastructure by providing support as qa on-call.
- Reviewing infrastructure changes and ensuring quality of production rollout of those changes.
- Partner with dev to define engineering infrastructure components and their use cases with testability requirements
- Express a strong, coherent vision for the execution of automated test scripts and validation of product requirements
- Responsible for identifying and defining strategic and productivity initiatives to improve quality and velocity of the organization
- Help developers and quality engineers work together towards a common vision of quality
- Architect the design, modification, development, and implementation of test automation frameworks
- Partner with the Engineering Productivity Team to optimize the CI pipeline and dev experience
- Responsible for improvements to quality of tests and test coverage
- Execute practical application of Agile components (user stories, stand-ups, sprints, etc.)
- Participate in scrum, daily stand-up, sprint and iterative development activities
- Participate in design reviews for tests, feature development, micro-services and reliability
- Extend tool capabilities and integrate with other technologies by coding interfaces, new functions, custom objects, etc.
- US Person Status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee)*
- 3-5 years of software development background
- 3-5 years of manual & automation testing experience of n-tier applications
- 3-5 years of experience working in an iterative software development lifecycle
- 3-5 years hands-on experience developing automation tools, framework, continuous integration and build automation systems
- Hands on experience with automation for microservices, APIs, Selenium Webdriver using Java
- Hands on any RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Hands on experience in AWS
- Understanding of scale and performance testing
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytic skills in a multi-tier SaaS environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
*This position requires the ability to access Impact Level 4 (IL4) data, as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and tools
- Continuous delivery pipeline integration approaches for testing automation
- Experience working in a highly automated enterprise class software environment preferably of scale with thousands of tests going through a gated CI pipeline
- Experience in testing monitoring of distributed, highly available cloud services
- Experience in Java, Ruby and scripting based test methodologies and automation development
- Experience with some of the following technologies and services:
- Linux (RPM or Deb-based distributions)
- Cloud based Infrastructure as a Service (especially AWS)
- Configuration management systems (Chef/Puppet)
- Log management tools (Splunk/Sumologic/Kibana)
- Monitoring systems (Nagios, Zabbix, Wavefront, AppDynamics, NewRelic)
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
((Colorado only*) Minimum OTE of $117,000 /year + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.