Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer in Test to join our Directories Engineering team. This team is passionate about delivering large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced Agile environment. In this role you'll be working with a team of highly-skilled and talented engineers, responsible for delivering sophisticated backend solutions that help Okta reliably operate at large scale and be highly available. As part of the team, you’ll be ensuring directories projects are completed with the highest quality and reliability using automation at every level for fast, robust and secure releases. This role can be based anywhere in Canada.
In this role you will be doing the following:
- Review requirements and design specs to develop relative test plans and test cases
- Automate API tests, end-to-end tests, reliability/scale tests
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Communicate and document QE plans for scrum teams to review
- Review application code, identify bug and other areas of weakness, architect tools for future coverage
- Automate all critical features to maintain zero-debt cadence
- Release features with solid quality
- Respond to production issues/alerts and customer issues during on-call rotation
- Be a strong customer advocate with a strong quality DNA.
- Familiarity with automation tools - IntelliJ, Selenium, Postman, Jmeter, Splunk, AWS toolset.
- Experience with E2E system testing, APIs, automation experience for a SAAS product
- QE experience preferably in an enterprise SaaS company
- Solid experience in Java-based automation development
- Familiarity with automation tools - Selenium, Postman, Jmeter, Splunk, AWS toolset.
- Expertise in test planning and cross team collaborative efforts.
- Experience working with distributed systems at large scale
- Able to write and review designs and code with other team members
- Able to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time
- Experience with APIs, automation experience for a SAAS product
- Experience with Windows, Active Directories/LDAP is a huge plus
#LI - Remote