We are looking for an experienced senior level Software Engineer in Test, who is passionate about testing large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will be partnered with Infrastructure teams to share our passion and great pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solutions. Okta engineering strongly believes in automated testing, UX design and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation software.
The QA Core team is responsible for release based testing and validation, and developing test services that enable automation for other teams. QA Core also works closely with Release Engineering, Release Management, Technical Operations and Engineering Leadership to ensure our weekly releases across all services are completed on time and with high quality.
This is a high impact role in a key area for Okta’s continued uptime and reliability.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Analyze/refine requirements with Development and Engineering Leads Partner with Engineering Management to scope and plan test efforts design and implement robust, scalable test solutions
- Participate effectively in a scrum team environment.
- Manage deliverables working under minimal supervision
- Partner with Development and Release Teams to build and execute on product infrastructure growth and high availability
- Understand Okta’s top customers usage
- Review new changes going into test and staging environments
- Ensure new changes are compatible with existing customer deployments and usage; develop new test services focused on release readiness and validation.
- Understand and monitor customer usage patterns and translate them into test requirements for automated or manual testing.
- Develop and execute end-to-end/system test plan.
- Set up and maintain test configurations for end-to-end/system testing.
- Prioritize and ensure that these patterns continue to function for every weekly release in our test and staging environments.
- Review new changes going into test and staging environments.
- Ensure that new changes are compatible with existing customer deployments and usage. Support the QA efforts of our software deployment and release teams.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years of experience in software QA with focus on release based testing
- 2+ years of experience working in a SaaS based environment
- 2+ Experience working on both server and client side of device technology
- 2+ Experience with some of the following technologies and services:
- Selenium (preferably with Java)
- Log management tools (Splunk/Sumologic/Kibana)
- Docker, Kubernetes
- 2 years of experience writing SQL, and testing or building out integrated scenarios
- 2 years of experience with Java-based test automation development
- 2 years of experience with developing and executing end to end or system test plans
- 2 years of experience setting up and maintaining test configurations and lab environments
Education and Training:
B.S. or M.S. in Comp Sci, Comp Engineering, Software Engineering or a closely related technical field
2 - 5 years of experience as a quality engineer or software engineer
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.