We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test (SET) to join our Engineering Security team. This team has a niche skill-set that combines Security domain expertise with the ability to design, implement, and rollout security features and functionalities without adding friction to product functionality or performance. They are responsible for the ever-growing need to improve our customer safety and privacy by providing security services that are coupled with the core Okta product & are focussed on designing and developing security solutions to harden our frameworks & infrastructure.
As an SET you will partner with a scrum team to help test and build automation for our products & work on improving security posture for our test processes. The ideal candidate has a solid experience in Java based automation development, is a strong customer security advocate, holds a higher quality bar and has shown a passion to learn.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review requirements and design specs to develop test plans and test cases
- Work with senior QA staff to develop automation plans and write test code to execute the plan.
- Design specific test plans and frameworks based on feature and architecture designs.
- Review application code, identify bugs and other areas of weakness, architect tools for future coverage
- Automate API tests, end-to-end tests, reliability/scale tests.
- Work cross team to help deliver various backend infrastrastructure engineering solutions.
- Coordinate with engineering management, area leads and scrum team to scope out, plan and document engineering efforts.
- Respond to production issues/alerts and customer issues during on-call rotation
- Be a strong customer advocate with a strong quality DNA.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 3-5 years of software test experience for highly-reliable, mission- critical software.
- Good understanding of software engineering concepts & test methodologies.
- Solid experience in Java-based automation development.
- Familiarity with automation tools - Selenium, Postman, Jmeter, Splunk, AWS toolset.
- Expertise in test planning and cross team collaborative efforts.
- Experience working with distributed systems at large scale.
- Able to write and review architectural designs and code with other team members.
- Experience in automating API tests, end-to-end tests and reliability/scale tests.
- Ability to test software with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, evaluate applicability to existing test infrastructure and architecture to generate technical leverage.
Nice to Have:
- Security engineering experience such as OWASP attacks, cryptography, key management, PKI, TLS/SSL, DDoS mitigation, authentication, authorization & application security.
- Preferred knowledge of secure engineering concepts such as secure coding practices and secure code reviews and the ability to identify, mitigate and prevent threat vectors.
- QE experience in an enterprise SaaS company
((Colorado only*) Minimum OTE for Senior role of $117,000/year + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.