We are looking for a passionate iOS/macOS software engineer to join our Okta Verify/Fastpass team. The ideal candidate should have solid experience in macOS or iOS development and be enthusiastic about writing iOS and macOS client software. The role provides the candidate with an excellent opportunity to learn about exciting security and identity space problems. It also has a lot of visibility within Okta and has exceptional growth potential.
Okta is the leading provider of identity and access management for enterprises. Every day, Okta enables millions of users to securely and seamlessly access their work resources to be productive. Using the device's information and context is an important part of Okta's strategy to improve security and enhance users' experience. We build client software that integrates with platform capabilities and third-party security vendors to guarantee secure access. We also use platform capabilities to delight the users to access the resources they need without requiring them to enter their passwords. Our team is a fast-growing and impactful team in Okta. Come join our team and develop products that help our customers every day.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop applications and services on iOS and macOS devices
- Building UI components on iOS and macOS apps
- Implement unit/functional tests
- Review software design and peer's code
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, and UX
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Engineering for prototyping Mac client components
- Create and review technical designs and proposals
- Strong development and debugging skills on iOS (or macOS)
- Hands-on experience in writing Swift, Objective-C code, and UX development(Appkit/SwiftUI)
- Experience working in an agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
- Experience with CI/CD environment, bug reporting tools, and crash reporting systems for iOS (or macOS) applications
Nice to Have:
- Experience with iOS/macOS internals, Understanding of apple system extensions, keychain, and app permission models
- Understanding Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3+ years of software development experience building software on iOS or macOS platforms.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. More than 15,800 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, T-Mobile, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy/.
From a competitive salary and employee stock purchasing plan to professional development resources and flexible PTO, Okta offers everything you need to support your work, life, and work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $178,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.