The UIcore team is the UI team at Okta that builds and maintains frameworks and systems that enable the feature teams to build, test and maintain UIs effectively. You will be a part of this team primarily tasked with building Odyssey, our new budding design system at Okta. The UIcore team is responsible for the development and maintenance of components and design patterns that are used across the entire organization in a way that is accessible, scalable, sustainable, and adheres to Okta’s coding standards.
- We’re responsible for development of code and architectural standards for UI development at Okta, as well as ensuring we have the right tooling in place to enable rapid local development and testing
- You will work hand-in-hand with the UX team and app teams to build the common components needed to enable consistent, efficient, scalable UI development across the entire organization
- You will also deliver tooling and test infrastructure to enable teams to build testable UIs and ship high-quality and accessible UIs
- You will work closely with the our design team and feature devs to ensure development and investment is consistent with Okta practices and tooling, as well as working to influence UI development at Okta, sharing our knowledge back to the team, particularly with React
- You will create and document reusable patterns, documentation, reference implementations, and hands-on training with developers
- You will mentor other UI developers in the organization and coach them on UI development best practices
- You will work closely with the architecture team to help define Okta’s front-end architecture and provide supporting collateral including documentation, architecture diagrams, and code samples to give guidance to application teams
- You will be regularly evaluated on the quality of the product you create and the code you write to ensure continued advancement of your technical skills in an environment that looks to expand them
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Design system experience
- Experience with working around browser quirks
- Expert skills in TypeScript, SASS, CSS.
- Experience with animation, accessibility, and internationalization in web-based applications
- Oral and written communication and analytical skills.
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.