About Okta Devices
Passwordless is the future of identity and authentication. That’s why we, at Okta, have made it our goal to redefine how users authenticate to services. Our mission is to provide frictionless and secure access to all the resources that our users need on a daily basis.
We are the Okta Devices organization and we are responsible for architecting and building web services as well as client software to implement our mission. One of our main products is FastPass, which is revolutionizing how users authenticate on the web.
Check out https://www.okta.com/fastpass/
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person, or device. Whether the people are employees, partners, or customers, or the applications are in the cloud, on premises, or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to work on our Devices Platform team. This is an exciting area for Okta that enables passwordless experience and seamless integration of backend services with Okta clients on iOS, Android, Windows and macOS.
For QA, we need to ensure that these products are robust and secure, leveraging traditional integration test automation plus driving synthetic traffic to ensure ongoing service reliability. This is an opportunity to test highly secure, cross-platform applications and build skills in Identity and security.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop test plans and automation for high-performance, scalable software components and APIs
- Validate authentication related fixes
- Automated test development, design and code reviews
- Review and refine requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience building test framework and automation in complex high availability environments
- Good understanding of object oriented concepts
- Excellent understanding of software engineering, test methodologies and automation tools
- Experience with automation tools - Selenium, Rusnscope, JMeter
- Able to write and review designs and code with colleagues of different skills and seniority
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to deliver well-designed, high-quality test code on time
Nice to have:
- Experience in standard authentication and authorization protocols such as SAML, OAuth and OpenID, plus ssh
- Experience building and testing cross-platform software on mobile and desktop clients.
- Experience with Java, Spring and Hibernate
- Experience creating, executing performance tests and analyzing test results
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.