We are looking for an experienced Engineer to join our Technical Operations team. At Okta, we are "Always On." The core of that starts with this team, ensuring that customers never worry about the Okta service. They strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet.
We are looking for a smart, innovative, and passionate architect for this role. Someone who has a passion for designing complex cloud-based network infrastructure on a cloud platform. The ideal candidate is someone that welcomes the challenge and enjoys seeing their designs run at scale with automation, testing, and tuning. If you exemplify the ethics of, "If you have to do something more than once, automate it," we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team that designs and build Okta's production infrastructure with a focus on networking and security at scale
- Promote and apply best practices for building scalable and reliable network services across engineering
- Be a subject matter expert and partner with our team at Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, network diagrams, runbooks, and procedures
- Designing, building, running and monitoring Okta's production infrastructure
- Driving initiatives to evolve our current platform to increase efficiency and keep it in line with current standards and best practices
- Responding to production incidents and determining how we can prevent them in the future
- Identifying and automating manual processes
- Support a 24x7 online environment as part of an on-call rotation
Qualifications for the role
- US Person Status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee)*
- Experience with Federal and DoD compliance requirements - FedRAMP, IL
- 4+ years of experience architecting and running complex AWS or other cloud networking infrastructure resources such as VPCs and VPC Peering, compute and load balancing, access and identity management, key management, NAT and firewalls, as well as DNS
- Demonstrated ability to operate complex cloud infrastructure at scale, and deliver projects to schedule
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to influence others
- 3+ years of experience as a Network Architect architecting and designing large scale network solutions
- Possess in-depth knowledge in network design, firewalls, cloud-based static and dynamic routing including BGP, packet capture analysis, anycast/unicast, load balancers and session management
- Have exposure to FedRAMP, SOC2 or other compliance programs
- 3+ years of experience with automating systems and infrastructure via Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Understanding and experience with Agile principles, practices, and tooling
- Understanding and experience with SRE concepts and practices, including being an advocate for the elimination of toil and drive simple solutions
- Experience managing DNS
- Experience with developing tooling and automation in Bash, Ruby, Python, Go, or similar
- Possesses strong Linux system administration skills
This position requires the ability to access Impact Level 4 (IL4) data, as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g., a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000 /year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.