Okta is seeking a Senior Documentation Tools and translation processing specialist who is a seasoned communicator with a passion for teaching others through written communication of technical content. Someone who has experience in making complex things easy to understand and the curiosity to investigate new technology.
In this role, you will support the technical writers who develop content for Okta’s suite of products. This includes future-proofing our documentation site by suggesting improved tooling and processes that will allow the team to deliver a world-class content experience to our customers. You will implement CSS changes to improve the appearance and function of the help.okta.com site.
You will implement changes in support of our information architecture, build and publishing processes. You will be working closely with members across the Engineering, Product Management, Customer Success teams to build a comprehensive and cohesive content experience across multiple languages and sites.
If you are someone who has a passion for learning new technologies and wants to help us drive adoption and ubiquity of our products and platform, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the long-term strategy and planning for product documentation in collaboration with engineering and product teams.
- Own and maintain content authoring and delivery of world-class documentation sets. This involves assessing current needs and future requirements for delivering multi-product content sets with consistent and cohesive tooling, structure and function.
- Design, build, and manage the documentation user experiences that meet business objectives while enforcing quality, content structure and versioning in support of multiple products and globalization.
- Train and mentor technical writers in the best practices for structure authoring, automation and similar methodologies.
- Collaborate with representatives from Support and Developer content owners to drive a cohesive content experience across various content sites.
- Own the translation shipments and NL build process for the product documentation, working closely with the Globalization team and Translation Coordinator.
- Define and plan content projects, set targets, and measure success and effectiveness of deliverables leveraging Agile methodology.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of technical documentation experience in a technology company. Practical experience in topic-based writing, single-sourcing, minimalism, and scenario-driven development.
- Experience with evaluating and implementation of various forms of documentation delivery technologies and tools including Oxygen, DITA, and Madcap Flare.
- Experience with MadCap Flare XML and CSS customization.
- Experience with Git or Github, branching and merging source content
- Experience with localization and translations of documents in various languages.
- Experience writing and maintaining build automation.
- Experience with DITA, Oxygen XML (or similar) authoring tools.
- Experience migrating content from XML to DITA or structured authoring.
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical and/or Professional Writing, related degree or equivalent professional experience.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.