Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta’s Customer Identity Cloud (powered by Auth0) secures more than 100 million logins each day for customers all around the world - and we're growing fast! The Platform Core Services team enables Okta CIC engineers to move faster by giving them tools to easily make their services more reliable and scalable. This is a role with a huge impact. You will get to work with engineers throughout the organization and what you build will be a foundational piece of the infrastructure that allows Okta to scale for years to come.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer who is passionate about distributed systems, availability, and delivering customer value. Because we build and support tools used by services throughout Okta, the ideal candidate is someone who is excited about collaborating to solve problems that affect the entire ecosystem of services.
- Design and develop new services, tools and automation that address cross-cutting concerns such as caching, message-passing, rate-limiting, and feature-flagging.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers on your direct team and help shape a highly technical roadmap
- Work with engineers across the organization to integrate tooling into the Okta CIC service ecosystem.
- Coach and mentor engineers at all levels up to their peer level.
- Discover and advocate for new technologies to accelerate improvements in the reliability and scalability of the Okta CIC platform.
- Carry cross-team initiatives from end to end: code reviews, design reviews, operational robustness, security hygiene, etc.
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have at least 5-7 years of software development experience.
- Experience leading complex initiatives from design to delivery
- Are proficient in Golang, Typescript, or Node.
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP fundamentals.
- Have significant experience working with Redis, MongoDB, Kafka and/or PostgreSQL at scale.
- Deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Have passion and experience working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and secure.
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, attention to detail, and customer focus.
- Are comfortable working on a fully-distributed team.
- Familiarity with gRPC.
- Have a deep understanding of Kubernetes and containerization.
- Have experience deploying solutions to AWS and/or Azure.
- Aware of the best practices when creating Docker images.
Our commitment to identity inspires and sustains our Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging strategy as we aim to celebrate and protect the identities of everyone in our network. Click here to learn more about our commitment to building balanced teams.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.