As a Staff Technical Program Manager in the Engineering Infrastructure TPM Team, working the Core software engineers, you will be in a leadership position within the Engineering organization. In this role you will have a focus on driving critical programs within Engineering by partnering with various groups across Engineering, Product Management and Security. You will be the point person for clarifying strategic level goals and outlining the operational plans to achieve them.You will work within and across scrum teams to prioritize and execute on key deliverables in support of this program. Employing both a strategic and tactical approach is a requirement in this role. You will not only have strong TPM experience driving initiatives, but also experience implementing operational processes within Engineering or Infrastructure teams in a SaaS and agile environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound Core infrastructure programs within and beyond the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Project manage various initiatives within and beyond Engineering, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Champion the adoption of agile best practices within Engineering and provide guidance to Scrum Leads.
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Lead the introduction of new processes / workflows, by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of Engineering initiatives and operational programs.
- Minimum 3 years of technical project management experience in a SaaS product development environment – working hand-in-hand with Engineers to deliver.
- Experience with infrastructure - delivering initiatives to build, maintain, and scale a reliable shared service preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively. communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives.
- Strong leadership skills; able to successfully influence without authority.
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with software, test and/or system engineers.
- Self-starter; able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Training in Agile and Scrum
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $135,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.