Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers
The vision is to make Okta the de facto provider of the cloud identity and access management, and help customer migrate to cloud based identity and access management solution.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible, with a weekly, agile release cycle. They are eager to grow and to create impacts to world around us. They are open minded, constantly propose stimulating new projects and explore/adopt emerging technologies.
Every developer knows that 3rd party tools and SaaS services are great, but you need to integrate them quickly, get to production quickly, and customize them to meet the strict experience requirements of the applications and services that you are building.
Application developers expect a streamlined UI that allows them to go from proof-of-concept to production ready with minimal effort, and the goal of this team is to enable developers to be self sufficient with the front-end aspects (UI and UX) of the Okta platform. This role is responsible for building features and components in the Okta Admin Console that help developers configure the Okta platform as the identity layer for their applications.
As a UI engineer on this team, you will contribute to these areas of the Okta product:
- The Okta Sign-In Widget, a unique front-end component that is an integral part of the Okta product. If you’ve used Okta, you’ve used the Sign-In Widget.Ad
- Areas of the Okta Administration Console which are tailored for developer use cases, specifically those for customer-identity focused applications.
- Iterations on our developer signup and onboarding flow, helping developers find what they need quickly as they work with the Okta platform
- Analyze/refine requirements with UX, UI teams for common reusable components, patterns and styles that need to be developed in the framework
- Develop reusable components to enable other teams to easily implement UIs with rich and consistent look and feel
- Work with management and architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Participate in code reviews, retros, and other continuous improvement activities
- Participate in the UI guild, drive improvements in the common UI framework and knock down technical debt.
- 2 years experience with TypeScript
- Experience shipping user interfaces for production-grade applications in an agile, product oriented environment
- Strong experience with cross browser compatibility and optimization techniques
- Strong understanding of debugging scalable, high performance web applications built with reusability and componentization in mind
- Understanding of web security attacks and prevention
- Prior experience with consuming and/or designing REST APIs
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
- Education and Training:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or relevant industry experience