We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the team that develops the platform that drives the OIN. The Okta Integration Network (OIN) provides comprehensive single-sign-on, MFA, user management, and mobile integrations to over 5,000 cloud services, such as G Suite, Workday, Salesforce, Box, Slack, GitHub, and Atlassian. The team is responsible for designing and building a platform that enables a community of Okta developers, customers, and partners to rapidly and securely build, share, and monitor integrations. The platform also allows customers to search and discover new integrations in the OIN as well as give insights to partners on how their integrations are being used by customers. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of the Okta Integration Network.
You share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable and reliable cloud integration infrastructure components.
• Interface with QA, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
- 5-7+ years experience with advanced Java.
- Understanding and appreciation for test driven development.
- Experience building integrations with REST, SOAP APIs.
- Experience with few of: Spring, Redis, REST, Maven, EC2, Memcached, MySQL and Tomcat.
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
Nice to haves:
- Experience building a provisioning platform or developing SCIM implementations or other user provisioning API's.
- Experience with Active Directory or other directory services.
- Experience building cloud connectors using Java SDK or SCIM.
- Knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication and authorization.
Overview of our Technology Stack:
- We use open source frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring and Backbone.js
- We run on best of breed infrastructure including MySQL, Tomcat, GitHub, Memcached, Redis, Kinesis and Elasticsearch
- We make extensive use of virtualization and containers: AWS, Vagrant, Docker
- Our weekly production releases are made possible by Continuous Integration and sophisticated build, test and release automation leveraging Maven, npm, yarn, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible and the like
- We participate in the OpenSource community with the likes of https://github.com/okta/okta-auth-js
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.