This is an opportunity to join our fast-growing Engineering Data Science team to help develop, deploy and maintain cutting-edge machine learning models to help augment our product offerings in security, authentication, applications, and customer experience. We are looking for senior machine learning engineers who can help architect and own the platform for deploying and optimizing the machine learning models used to protect user authentication and security. They will also own the pipeline which needs to process hundreds of millions of events per day and provide results back to the authentication system to make real-time risk evaluation during user authentication. This project has a directive from engineering leadership to make OKTA a leader in the use of data and machine learning to improve end-user security and to expand that core-competency across the rest of engineering.
We hope you will share our passion and great pride in the work we do and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing and an iterative process to build high-quality next-generation cloud platforms.
Our elite team is fast, innovative, and flexible. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects and emerging technologies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the architecture and ownership of the continuous delivery pipeline for developing, deploying, and maintaining machine learning models in production.
- Work with Data Scientists to help improve their productivity and implement their ideas
- Analyze performance metrics and logs to identify inefficiencies and opportunities to improve scalability and performance
- Research production issues using tools such as Splunk, Wavefront, CloudWatch, etc
- Maintain and enhance our performance monitoring and analysis telemetry, frameworks, and tools
- Test-driven development, design, and code reviews
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3-6+ years experience building enterprise-grade highly reliable, mission-critical software or big data systems
- 3+ years of experience deploying ML models in production environments serving with low latency.
- 3+ years of experience with ML development systems: Sagemaker, TensorFlow, or PyTorch
- Advanced Python programming
- Advanced experience with Object-Oriented Language like Java
The following experience is a plus:
- 3+ years experience with streaming systems: MQ, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Flink etc.
- Experience with the data toolchains: Snowflake, EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, Glue or similar
- Working knowledge of AWS Lambda, and API Gateway including production deployment
- Experience with Docker, Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, or similar build tools
- Jupyter Notebooks
An overview of our tech stack:
- We use open source frameworks such as React, Hibernate and Spring Boot
- We run on best of breed infrastructure including MySQL, GitHub, Redis, Kinesis and Elasticsearch
- We make extensive use of virtualization and containers: AWS, Vagrant, Docker
- Our weekly production releases are made possible by Continuous Integration and sophisticated build, test and release automation leveraging Maven, npm, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible and the like
- We participate in the OpenSource community with the likes of https://github.com/okta/okta-auth-js
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.