Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, this may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Okta is looking for a Staff Quality Engineer to join our Quality team working on the CIAM (Customer Identity and Access Management) product. The Quality team within CIAM is responsible for driving the culture of quality across the organization. In this role, you will work very closely with other product groups in the company to scale quality to each team. The ideal candidate is passionate about quality, a self-starter, intellectually curious, and brings a lot of experience supporting testing tools and frameworks.
- Builds and maintains automated test frameworks and other testing tools.
- Drives adoption of tools, frameworks, and best practices used for product quality.
- Researches, develops or recommends new tools that assist with enhancing testing coverage.
- Define and continuously improve testing strategies.
- Assist project teams determining whether a given component or feature is ready for release.
- Define the approach and infrastructure needed for system testing.
- Creates, maintains and executes test automation scripts used to validate product releases.
- Gather quality metrics, analyze the data, present in a consumable manner and provide recommendations based on the data.
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior team members.
- 5+ years of experience in software testing
- 5+ years of experience in test automation framework and tooling
- Experience with Jenkins for build deployment and test execution
- Experience with continuous delivery, service-oriented architecture, cloud platform environments
- Comfortable working with distributed systems, working with cross functional teams to identify opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working in a globally distributed environment with a remote workforce
- Strong mentorship skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Cloud based Infrastructure as a Service (especially AWS)
- Experience with log management tools (Splunk/Kibana) and Monitoring systems (Zabbix, Wavefront, AppDynamics, NewRelic)
Education and Training:
- BS Computer Science or related experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.