Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers
The shift to on-demand expectations is the biggest change in the workplace in decades. Employees want immediate, convenient, and personalized access to the tools and services they need to get their job done. In addition, organizations today adopt a lot of cloud and on-prem applications to ensure productivity of employees but still need to ensure that the right people have access to the right tools for the right amount of time in order to meet the many compliance standards as part of doing their business.
The vision is to make Okta the de facto provider of cloud identity and access management, and help customers migrate to a modern, cloud-based identity and access management solution.
We are looking for an experienced staff engineer to join our site reliability engineering (SRE) team and build upon a highly diverse platform, applying software engineering principles to automate and manage the access requests microservices ecosystem while promoting insight and transparency into each service. If you’re excited to play with new technologies and improve existing systems while working with a team of passionate engineers, this is the job and the company for you.
This is a full-time position with a primary focus on engineering systems orchestration and management. You should be comfortable with a wide range of technologies, have an interest in Kubernetes and Container orchestration, and be passionate about crafting solutions for a globally distributed platform using software engineering best practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to Okta Access Requests Kubernetes-oriented orchestration.
- Manage multiple environments spanning a globally distributed infrastructure.
- Improve environment visibility and management in a repeatable and automatable way.
- Collaborate with all engineering teams to improve overall product health and reliability.
- Develop monitoring and insight toolsets and frameworks.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years of experience in an SRE role in a highly dynamic, global environment.
- Strong motivation to improve service ecosystems by the application of engineering principles.
- Experience with container-based orchestration platforms: Kubernetes, Swarm, OpenShift, etc.
- Experience using public cloud (GCP, AWS), docker containers, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, CI/CD.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering or comparable work experience.
Nice to Haves:
- Exposure to micro service & events based async architecture.
- Experience with Express and React.
- Experience with high performance MongoDB environments.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.