Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. The vision is to make Okta the system of record and help customers with their journey to the Cloud, continue to automate the journey, and lower the barrier of entry to their migration journey.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our Credential Platform Team. This team is responsible for the Okta core identity platform upon which developers can manage credential enrolment and life cycles as well as managing and maintaining the infrastructure for customer identity focused factors such as SMS and Voice MFAs.
This is an opportunity to join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, automated testing and iterative processes to build high quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with an agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components and APIs
- Analyze and refine requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team to drive implementation of core features
- Investigate, debug and drive live issues as appropriate
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years of software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software at enterprise scale
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience with Java, Hibernate, Spring
- Experience working with a system of scale
Nice to haves:
- Experience in identity management, standard authentication protocols and/or multi-factor authentication
- Experience building PAAS infrastructure
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field