Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
The vision is to make Okta the de facto provider of the cloud identity and access management, and help customers migrate to cloud based identity and access management solutions.
We are looking for top-notch full stack engineers to solve some of the most challenging Okta Engineering problems and own our growing Core Platform. The Rate Limits Engineering team is responsible for designing and implementing solutions to strengthen the rate-limiting system used by all of Okta's services. This system safeguards the resources that back the global Okta Identity Cloud services while ensuring that our customers get the capacity to run their operations smoothly.
This team builds capabilities that enable Okta's 99.99% availability while also making rate limits customer-centric by giving customers more control, visibility and novel solutions to protect them from rogue clients/scripts and bad actors. They collaborate with the entire engineering organization to drive and guide how rate limits for new services and features should work. Balancing customer success, availability, scale, and resource optimization is the focus area of this team.
The features developed by this team assist in supporting the traffic generated by thousands of organizations and millions of daily active users worldwide. We hope you share our passion for our work and want to join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing and an iterative process to build high-quality next-generation cloud platforms. Our elite team is fast, innovative, and flexible. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects and emerging technologies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, review and troubleshoot highly scalable software
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, and UX team
- Participate in scheduled on-call rotations for monitoring and responding to availability, performance, and rate limit escalations
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of full stack software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software
- Working experience with HTML and CSS including how to working around browser quirks
- Experience in RESTful API design
- Experience with Java, Hibernate, Spring
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices
- Experience working with a system of scale
Education and Training:
- Computer Science degree or related field