We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the team that develops the platform that drives the OIN. The Okta Integration Network (OIN) provides comprehensive single-sign-on, MFA, user management, and mobile integrations to over 5,000 cloud services, such as G Suite, Workday, Salesforce, Box, Slack, GitHub, and Atlassian. The team is responsible for designing and building a platform that enables a community of Okta developers, customers, and partners to rapidly and securely build, share, and monitor integrations. The platform also allows customers to search and discover new integrations in the OIN as well as give insights to partners on how their integrations are being used by customers. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of the Okta Integration Network.
You share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Required Skills:Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable and reliable cloud integration infrastructure components.
• Interface with QA, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teamsSkills Requirement:
• 3 years experience with advanced Java or other strongly typed language
• Understanding and appreciation for TDD
• Experience building integrations with REST, SOAP APIs.
• Experience building a provisioning platform or developing SCIM implementations or other user provisioning API's.
• Experience with a few of: Spring, Redis, REST, Maven, EC2, Memcached, MySQL and Tomcat.
• Experience developing integration infrastructure or cloud service brokers and working on low latency, concurrent and mission critical environments.
• Experience building cloud connectors using Java SDK or SCIM.
• Experience with Active Directory or other directory services
• Knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication and authorization.
• B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Overview of our Technology Stack:
- We use open source frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring and Backbone.js
- We run on best of breed infrastructure including MySQL, Tomcat, GitHub, Memcached, Redis, Kinesis and Elasticsearch
- We make extensive use of virtualization and containers: AWS, Vagrant, Docker
- Our weekly production releases are made possible by Continuous Integration and sophisticated build, test and release automation leveraging Maven, npm, yarn, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible and the like
- We participate in the OpenSource community with the likes of https://github.com/okta/okta-auth-js
Okta is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work