Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
This is opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to join our analytics team who is passionate about data engineering. We are building a large-scale distributed data platform to support drive business value from exponential data growth. You will share our passion and great pride in the elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in building scalable solutions verified thru automated testing, developed iteratively to deliver high-quality next generation of enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, creative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, new technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing, implementing, testing, deploying, monitoring and maintaining high performance, scalable Java based data platform
- Work with engineering teams and architects on the development of projects, design, and implementation
- Drive evaluation, development and roll out of new data collection and storage components
- Drive initiatives to make data ingestion and storage components scale as usage increases
- Conduct and participate in code reviews, analysis, and performance tuning
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
- Implement unit, functional and performance tests
- Collaborate with cross-functionally with QA, Product Owners, Engineering Services and Tech Ops
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 6+ years of experience in Java and knowledge of Spring
- Hands-on experience using a cloud-based big data stack such as Kinesis/Kafka, Spark/Storm, object storage such as AWS S3, messaging service (JMS, SQS), AWS Glue, SageMaker, Linux and Elasticsearch
- Experience with Snowflake and AWS big data stack is a big plus
- Experience in developing and tuning highly scalable systems
- In-depth understanding of multithreading, garbage collection and memory management
- Familiarity of integrating ML libs into data pipeline is a plus
- Knowledge of network security, authentication, and authorization is a plus
Education and Training:
- Degree majoring in computer science
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 8,400 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesn’t just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion and belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation and collective growth.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.