Okta Workflows is the foundation for secure integration between cloud services. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to quickly integrate different services, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing services such as directories and identity systems, as well as many other applications.
Because Okta runs the integration workflow platform, organizations can implement the workflows quickly at large scale and low total cost. Hundreds of customers, including NTT, and MGM, trust Okta Workflows to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue and stay secure.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to work on our Workflows back-end Team. This team is responsible for building secure, scalable, and robust backend workflow services. This is an opportunity to leverage your experience developing highly scalable cloud applications while building new skills in Workflows. You will get an opportunity to solve hard problems around building next gen Workflow services and scaling the existing service.
Our team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management.
- Engage with and analyze the Workflow service to ensure high reliability and bring new ideas to the product road map.
- Work with software development management to scope and plan engineering efforts.
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components and microservices.
- Perform Test-driven development, design and code reviews.
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams,
- Investigate and drive live site issues as appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software.
- Live Site experience.
- Experience with Java, Rust or C++.
- Experience working with cloud scale systems.
- Excellent grasp of software development principles.
- Experience developing back end web applications.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience implementing programming language concepts (scheduling, type systems, etc.)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with operating systems.
- Expertise in Redis.
- Experience with RabbitMQ/AMQP.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with implementing a compiler.
- Experience developing full stack web applications.
Education and Training:
- BS Computer Science or related field.