We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our fast growing team to build cutting-edge Zero Trust Authentication services. The ideal candidate is passionate about identity, has experience building large scale enterprise software, and has direct experience in authentication, identity, security, policies, and access management.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions. You will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design and implement highly scalable authentication framework and services
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of strong software development experience in an object oriented language building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Experience with multi-factor authentication highly desired
- Experience in cloud security, identity and authentication protocols such as OAuth, OpenID, SAML, FIDO, highly desired
- Experience or deep understanding of PIV or smart cards a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.