Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe,Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com
We are looking for a Staff Software engineer who is passionate about writing the tools to integrate and support to build large-scale, high-demand software in a fast-paced agile environment. You will share our passion for test-driven development, continuous integration and automation to produce frequent high-quality releases.
Our engineering team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to be part of a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
You will get an opportunity to work in scaling our infrastructure to next generation. Our scale is already huge in running tens of thousands of tests for every commit automatically. This comes with challenges in speed by reducing compute time from days to few minutes.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- You will be part of the team that builds, maintains, and improves our highly-automated build, release and testing infrastructure.
- Scripting, tools-building, and automation are paramount to Okta Engineering; everybody automates. You will be creating and coding tools for internal use to support continuous delivery.
- Team up with Development, QA and OPS to continuously innovate and enhance our build and automation infrastructure
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to create new tools/process/technology. We use the latest technology from AWS and you can experiment, recommend, and implement new technologies in our build and CI system.
- Work with internal customers to roll-out projects and process, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in developing Continuous Delivery pipelines for a diverse set of projects using Java, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, Python, Ruby, Bash, and more
- Solid understanding of CI/CD release pipelines.
- Exposure to cloud infrastructures, such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience working with Gradle, Bazel, Artifactory, Docker registry, npm registry
- Experience with AWS, its services, and its supporting tools (cost control, reporting, environment management).
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work toward task completion.
- Experience in Kubernetes is a plus
Education and Training:
- B.S. in CS or equivalent
((Colorado only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.