Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 14,000 customers and 7000+ pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. The vision is to make Okta the system of record and help customers with their journey to the Cloud, continue to automate the journey, and lower the barrier of entry to their migration journey.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our Credential Platform Team. This team is responsible for the Okta core identity platform upon which developers and IT admins can manage credential enrollment and life cycles, sessions infrastructure and managing and maintaining a set of customer identity focused authenticators.
This is an opportunity to join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, automated testing and iterative processes to build high quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with an agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement high-performance, scalable, fault-tolerant software components and APIs
- Analyze and refine requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team to drive implementation of core features
- Investigate, debug and drive live issues as appropriate
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 6+ years of software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software at enterprise scale
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience with Java, Hibernate, Spring
- Experience working with a system of scale
Nice to haves:
- Experience in identity and access management technologies and protocols: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, SSO, SLO, etc.
- Experience building PAAS infrastructure
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.