Okta is seeking a highly technical and experienced Staff Software Engineer to join a new team of engineers working on the Okta Access Gateway product. Okta Access Gateway solves the hybrid IT access problem for enterprises, connecting on-premises applications shipped from enterprise software vendors along with custom-built, on-premises applications to the Okta Identity Cloud. Okta Access Gateway is a proxy that can be deployed in a customer’s datacenter or on top of IDaaS providers. Okta Access Gateway provides all the same authentication techniques, risk profiles, conditional access policies that can be applied to SaaS applications to on-premises applications from vendors such as Oracle, IBM, SAP and Microsoft.
Learn more here: https://www.okta.com/video/what-is-okta-access-gateway/
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop new features for Okta’s Access Gateway product utilizing Java/C/C++
- Lead the effort to diagnose and troubleshoot customer escalations utilizing Operating System level tools such as vmstat, uptime, dmesg and application tools such as JProfiler and VisualVM
- Implement unit, functional and integration tests for new features utilizing test frameworks such as Junit, and Selenium
- 5+ years experience working in development roles in Software Engineering
- 5+ years programming experience with Java or Python; shell scripts (bash), C, a strong plus
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and concepts involving Data Structures and Algorithms
- 3+ years experience using, maintaining, and deploying Linux-based systems
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services Stack (Elastic Cloud Compute instances, Security Groups; Lambda) is a plus
- 3+ year experience working in an Agile software development teams leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Nice to Have Skills:
- 3+ years of experience working with proxy or other web servers, preferably with nginx
- 3+ years of experience working in Identity Security Domain utilizing protocols such as Single Sign On (SSO), Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), OAuth, OpenID Connect (OIDC), System for Cross-Domain Identity Management (SCIM)
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. More than 15,800 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, T-Mobile, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
From a competitive salary and employee stock purchasing plan to professional development resources and flexible PTO, Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
(Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000.00/year + equity + benefits))