Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta, IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Enterprises using Okta today include Activision, Allergan, BMC Software, Groupon, Informatica, LinkedIn, Purolator and SAP. The hundreds of enterprises, thousands of cloud application vendors and millions of people using Okta’s identity management service form the foundation for the industry’s fastest growing, vendor neutral Enterprise Identity Network. Okta’s Enterprise Identity Network seamlessly and securely connects organizations, applications, and people, anywhere, anytime, from any device.
Account Services is a new team we are creating in response to our growing needs. We want to give customers a means to control their tenants across various geographies. The product will be built primarily for Managed Service Providers to manage their tenants. The Account Service layer will give customers a control plane to manage their resources across various tenants.
The Account Services layer will allow customers to perform configuration tasks such as enabling purchased SKUs, view their consumption levels, and perform user group password resets across various tenants.
The Account Services layer is a new concept that does not currently exist at Okta. The team will be tasked with implementing several foundational concepts that will require interaction with other Engineering teams at Okta.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a greenfield development project within an established company. We are looking for self starters who are looking for an opportunity to get involved in the creation of a new product.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own your work end to end - this includes going through a design review, delivering the code and finally, ensuring we have the requisite monitoring and alerting in place
- Implement code written structured for metrics monitoring and logging, perform peer reviews
- Develop solutions that address our scalability challenges as our customer data set continues to grow
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 4+ years of software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Demonstrable experience designing a system of scale and exposure to challenges such as replication lag, automatic failover and rate limits.
- Demonstrable experience working on UI technologies (e.g. React, Backbone)
- Strong engineering fundamentals. You know your data structures, algorithms, OOP, SQL.
- Strong understanding of server side technologies: caching and asynchronous processing
- Prior experience designing highly-available RESTful APIs desirable
(Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000.00/year + equity + benefits
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.