Okta Advanced Server Access (ASA) enables organizations to easily automate access control to modern cloud infrastructure. ASA integrates with existing operations tools such as Ansible and Terraform, enabling fast and easy adoption by operations teams, and exposes an easy-to-use API allowing customers to create powerful access control automation.
Now Okta is taking that a step further with the announcement of Okta Privileged Access, a new product which will bring Okta’s modern, identity-first approach Privileged Access Management.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our fast-growing team with a focus on scalability, reliability and enhancing the core building blocks of the product.
In this role you will:
- Be deeply involved in evolving the core architecture of ASA.
- Partner with our SRE and product development teams to build scalable, composable components of our platform.
- Be responsible for designing and implementing scalable architecture patterns.
- Help us expand our observability stack, and use the data from that stack to drive decision making.
- Design and build APIs that customers rely on for access to production infrastructure.
- Own core components of our infrastructure including systems for rate limiting, request routing, managing feature flags, managing application configuration, etc.
- Mostly work on backend and frontend systems written in Go,ReactJS running on AWS.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Are an experienced software engineer with a background in Go, Python, C++, C or similar languages.
- Experience with front-end development (ReactJS, Redux)
- Thrive in a collaborative environment built on end-to-end ownership.
- Love thinking about distributed systems, and the reliability, availability and performance implications of the decisions made in their design.
- Enjoy deep-diving on production metrics.
- Take pride in successfully completing projects and seeing their benefits for your team and customers.
- Think in terms of systems, service and APIs.
Required education and experience:
- 6+ years working as a software engineer, SRE or similar.
- Experience working with production systems.
- Bachelors in CS, or equivalent
Advanced Server Access is mostly written in Go, but no prior experience with the language is required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.