We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Analytics team who is passionate about scaling high volume, distributed and low-latency data-platform and reporting services. As a member of the Analytics Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying the data services and systems that power our core analytics reporting and streaming platform. Our analytics infrastructure stack sits on top of many modern technologies, including Kinesis, Flink, Elasticsearch, and Snowflake.
Our elite team is fast, creative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, new technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and Implement data-intensive, high-performance, scalable software components
- Work with engineering teams and architects on the development of projects, design, and implementation
- Conduct and participate in code reviews, analysis, and performance tuning
- Implement unit, functional and performance tests
- Collaborate with cross-functionally with QA, Product Managers, Engineering Services and Tech Ops
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years of experience in object-oriented language, preferably Java and knowledge of Spring
- Hands-on experience using a cloud-based distributed computing (Kinesis, Flink/KDA, Elasticsearch, and Snowflake)
- Experience in developing and tuning highly scalable systems
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- In-depth understanding of multithreading, garbage collection and memory management
- Knowledge of authentication, and authorization is a plus
Nice to Haves:
- Exposure to big data ETL and normalization
- Exposure to micro service and streaming architecture
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree majoring in computer science
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.